My name is Jon Mellen. I'm a Boston based online marketer with a special focus on SEO.
I've spent the past decade leading advanced marketing campaigns across a variety of industries and different traffic acquisition channels. I enjoy SEO in particular for the constant challenges that are introduced, as the science of search continues to evolve.
My career has involved leadership roles with exciting brands including:
I'm currently the Senior Director of SEO for TripAdvisor, the World's largest travel site.
Here's the rundown:
And a bit more detail:
TripAdvisor.com: Senior Director of SEO
- Managing an industry acclaimed SEO team for the World's largest travel company.
- Leading a global SEO campaign across more than 50 sites and 26 languages.
- Responsible for strategy and planning, project management, and data analysis.
LLBean.com: Senior Web Content Analyst
- Managed team of three analysts and oversaw team of six associates, to plan and execute all customer facing web elements of LLBean.com.
- Supported complete redesign of site, introduced new SEO strategy, and experienced conversion rate improvements to lead company to record ecommerce sales levels.
eBags.com: Director of Marketing
- Managed a team of six to optimize all online marketing initiatives, including SEO, SEM, Email, CSE, Display, and Affiliates.
- Improved company-wide marketing efficiency to most profitable levels in company history while exceeding record annual gross sales.
University of Denver, Daniels College of Business
- Master of Science, Business Intelligence
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociocultural Psychology